As the crisp autumn air begins to make the leaves dance, New Englanders gravitate towards the countryside for a much-needed change of scenery. Friends gather around backyard fire pits to roast s’mores-- and apple cider donuts become a go-to guilty pleasure.
The smell of pumpkin spice is in the air (or your coffee mug, at least), the anticipation of Halloween starts to set in and everyone seems content with turning in their bathing suits & flip flops for flannel shirts & bean-boots (as long as it means you'll get an afternoon of apple picking)!
Connecticut shows some of its best colors in the autumn months. We want to help you take advantage of this incredible season because one thing we know for sure is that it will be over before you know it. We have compiled a list of some of our favorite Fall activities and we will likely add to it throughout the season. As you explore CT this Fall, use the hashtag #FallingFor203 to loop us in on your autumn traditions, so that in years to come we can add them to our list!
We believe in the importance of celebrating each season to its absolute fullest! This month we are totally #FallingFor203 and we think you are too.
As you explore Connecticut this Fall, use the hashtag #FallingForThe203 on social media to loop us in on your autumn traditions, so that we can join in on the fun!! We'll be picking tons of winners using the hashtag to win free 203 goodies throughout the season!
Visit A CT Cider Mill
Did you know that Connecticut is HOME to some of the oldest operating Cider Mill‘s in the country?! Many of these CT Cider Mills are family-run businesses that have been operating for generations and generations. Here are a few of our faves...
- Hogans Cider Mill, Burlington: It’s no surprise that this spot has become an instagram sensation! Hogans is just as delicious as they are stunning.
- Clyde’s Cider Mill, Mystic: This CT winery produces cider, hard cider, and apple wine. Clyde’s is the oldest steam-powered cider mill in the United States and it's a national historic landmark.
Beardsley Cider Mill, Shelton: This spot is much closer to home (for us) than Clyde's (and a stone throw away from Jones Family Farm) so it's a great option if Clyde's is far from your location. Fantastic cider!!
Visit a Fall Farm
There are SO many fantastic local farms to visit in CT this season! These are a FEW of our fave Connecticut Fall Farms... to get you started (because we have a sneaking idea that some of you miiiight be looking for a good pumpkin patch (or 2) over the next few weeks). Later in the season, look out for our blog dedicated to all things Fall Farms; we will be taking a deep dive into everything you need to know about CT’s Fall Farms.
- Jones Family Farm, Shelton
- Castle Hill Farm, Newtown
- Silverman’s Farm, Easton
- Lyman Orchards: Middlefield
- Bishop’s Orchards : Guildford
- Blue Jay Orchards : Bethel
- Roger’s Orchard: Southington
Fall Foliage Drives & Hikes
Fall Foliage Drives & Hikes
Long drives on windy country roads have always been a fall family tradition for us. The colonial houses, historic towns, rambling stone walls, classic old barns, sprawling horse farms, local veggie stands… it's amazing what you can find on a drive!
Here are our top picks…
Get lost on back roads in Easton. Stop in for brunch at The Olde Blue Bird Inn!
CT Visits has mapped out 7 Fall Foliage drives and we are dying to try them all! You can check out all of their Fall drive suggestions by CLICKING HERE.
Fall Foliage Hikes
- Devil’s Den - Weston: Is Fairfield County’s largest preserve. With over 1,700 acres and about 10 miles of hiking trails, this is one of our go-to hiking spots!
- Sleeping Giant- Hamden: Great high altitude hike that rewards you with impressive panoramic views! Personal Fave.
- Chapman Falls @ Devil's Hopyard State Park- East Hamden: This 1,000-acre park offers great hiking, fishing, bicycling, picnicking, and camping. But don't miss the .5 mile Chapman Falls Loop!
- Scalzi Park - Stamford: This is a cute little park just north of downtown Stamford. A great easy escape from the city.
- Waveny Park - New Canaan
- Mianus River Trail - Greenwich / Stamford
- Haystack Mountain: Norfolk
Visit The CT Wine Trail
Exploring The Connecticut Wine Trail is one of our fave ways to spend a Fall day. Did you know that the CT Wine Trail includes 40 unique vineyards state-wide? Many of them are close together, making it super easy to bop around to several locations in one day! These are a few of our faves…
- Aquila's Nest Vineyard: Newtown
- Hopkins Vineyard: Warren
- Paradise Hills Vineyard:Wallingford
- Gouveia Vineyards: Wallingford
- Arrigoni Winery: Portland
- Sunset Meadow Vineyards: Goshen
Looking to explore more of the CT Wine Trail?! This is the best resource for maps, suggestions and all the deets to help you have the best adventure! CT WINE TRAIL DEETS
Spend the day a CT Brewery
Connecticut is home to hundreds of local breweries... and it's hard to pick our faves but CHEERS!
- Reverie Brewing: Newtown
- Kinsmen Brewing Company: Southington
- Half Full Third Place: Stamford
- Urban Lodge Brewing Company: Manchester
- Thomas Hooker Brewery: Hartford
- CT Valley Brewing Company: South Windsor
- 314 Beer Garden: Norwalk
- NewSylum Brewery: Newtown
- Two Roads Brewing Co.: Stratford
Connecticut is home to 1,400 campsites for you and your family to visit this fall. Whether you are looking for camping grounds in the forest, along coastline, lakes, or even secluded islands the good old Constitution State-Parks have it all! These state parks also include 38 cozy cabins that are available to be reserved for the ultimate camping getaway! You can gather more info here! CT CAMPING INFO
I lost my Job few months ago, my wife left me ,could not get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn’t get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I took the risk to take a loan of $2000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $22,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don’t know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good trade management system. For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : Bernie_fx or Gmail : Bernie.doranfx01gmail.com